Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How To Make Fluffies

horror story, 15.09.2010

Two nights in a hostel in Banff to decide to drive again. Walls made of paper, in front of the train window and does not close, somewhere in the nowhere that is not added difficulty here. Fog, rain, cold: No way hike.

soon as I make my way, the sun came out-what is that supposed to mean? The hostel is booked on the half way to Vancouver, looks nice, old railway carriages, directly on the lake (where I will never arrive). So I decide, on the HWY to shoot a few photos (Icefields Parkway is an attraction in itself) and yet to make a short hike.

And then I go on, it's nice to autumn, the sun is low and the clock back one hour when one gene border Alberta / BC comes. And I drive. And drive. And drive. Then go after 13 hours, I decide it had better at the gas station to ask: on the map looked cry, first part. Ages ago have taken the wrong turn and I am already two hours past the hostel, which has been closed for an hour. Internet? Not applicable. Number written down? Not me.

therefore Resolved, that I try at half past eleven in the night, the 330km to Vancouver to create more, I drive on. As it was, oh yeah gas station, oh yeah gasoline, oh yeah, here in the Canadian non yes 24 Pampa hours open, oh yeah, the tank is full to a quarter of me is was not quite bring to Vancouver. Even Hotels, for forgiveness, the hotel does, too. In the parking lot, before the gas pump, with pepper spray in hand, trying to sleep. They're OK.

Next morning gasoline, about the joy through the night, the clouds deep and shallow, the coffee, I go on towards Vancouver. Langley then gschwind a horrible breakfast, get out of the exit, crossing, the light is green then orange ...

and the car crashes the red in mine. And new. Motor. Shaky on the door. I ask her if everything is okay, it sits there and watches and then gets out, I'm so sorry, shit, she says, I do not know what to do. Me neither, I am from Europe.

to gas station, the friend and helper, and as the police . Call Which are fast because data written down, your car is driveable, I think so, no its not, look there some fluid dripping outta there. Who's to blame? I think I do. Wanted to turn left, go straight, but I think it was a bit too fast. Why I have not mentioned? She is nice, everything is controlled, do not worry about what happens now, you have friends here, we will take you? Wines, second part. The policeman, who would have the Navy of the 50's can be - blonde, nifty hair, white teeth trained, and angular face - is nice and now I have to pay not even punishment. In Austria, the lights are different, he understands that

The car towing human being takes looking for me with the repair company, and the repair guy out to me a hostel. In the next few days they let me know what I can do with the van. The repair guy, a couple of inches shorter than me, but great car, brings me to the SkyTrain can purely go to Vancouver.

wine 3 Part. I am tired, your neck hurts a bit. Such is, says the doctor.

now I'll get a beer first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment